- 4 portobello mushroom caps, stem and gills removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared basil pesto
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes With Garlic & Olive Oil, drained
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 buns, whole wheat
Set EGG for direct cooking at 400°F/204°C.
Combine olive oil pesto, salt & black pepper in a small bowl. Brush each mushroom cap with the oil mixture.
Grill mushroom caps, rounded side up, for about 4 minutes. While cooking combine bell pepper, ⅔of the Red Gold Tomatoes and spinach in a mixing bowl. Turn mushrooms over and fill with tomato mixture. Cover and grill for 3 more minutes. Place piece of cheese on each mushroom, covering tomatoes, and grill 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Place on a whole wheat bun that has been spread with Garlic Aioli.
Garlic Aioli recipe: mix ¼ cup low fat mayonnaise with remaining 1/3 of the Red Gold Tomatoes.
Makes 4 servings